Rural Nations Scotland Community Interest Company is registered in Scotland with registration number 488577 and registered address 57 Westview Terrace, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, Scotland, HS1 2LD.
This privacy notice explains how we use any personal information we hold about you and your rights about this.
- using our company’s website which is currently at www.ruralnations.com
- signing up to our mailing list using a paper questionnaire at an event or an online sign-up form.
What information we may hold about you:
- information you provide us in an online or paper form (for example, your name and contact details, feedback about our work)
- communications with us (for example by email or notes of phone calls)
- information about your purchases and interactions with our communications that we can access through the services we use to do this – currently Mailchimp and Eventbright
- your usage of our website, for example, what you look at, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, information about your computer, including – where your browser provides this – your IP address, operating system and browser type.
How we will use information about you
We collect and hold information about you:
- to help demonstrate the impact and reach of our work to organisations who fund our projects.
- to manage our organisation and improve what we do.
and, if you agree:
- to communicate with you about our work and work from others artists that we think you might find interesting.
- to help us sell more tickets or otherwise earn or raise money to support our projects so that we are less dependent on funding.
Information about you we use to demonstrate the impact and reach of our work to funders is anonymised. So we do not share with them anything which identifies you. The Questionnaire data we collect is used to create pictocharts which demonstrate what groups of audiences thought of our work or to present collectively the audience demography or show a postcode map demonstrating how far people travelled to see an event at our rural venues.
We may share information about you with law enforcement agencies or other organisations or individuals if we are obliged to by law or court order. We’ll try to inform you of this requirement wherever possible, unless we are legally restricted from doing so.
What you get in return for your information:
The value we aim to give you in return for you letting us use information about you is:
- to let you know about when and where our work is being presented. This will include Festivals, performances, workshops, film screenings, academic arts lectures.
- We may also from time to time present information mailings and offers or free tickets to our mailing list members.
We would like to communicate with you about ourselves and our work.
We will only do this if you explicitly give us permission to do this. For example, we won’t add you to our mailing list if you just give feedback or contact us through the contact form.
You have the right to opt out at any time from us contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer want to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact us at:firstname.lastname@example.org
Contacting us, access to your information and right of correction:
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of the information we hold about you – or otherwise want to contact us, please contact us at email@example.com
We want to make sure that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. You can ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Our website contains links to other websites. If you follow links to other websites, you should read their privacy policies to see how they use information about you.
Things that could change in the future without us coming back to you to get your agreement or permission again:
- we could move our website to a different address
- we could change the services we use to sell tickets or do mailings.
Rural Nations Scotland CIC.